Search The Diary of Loren Webb

Sunday, June 12, 2011

12 June 1861

Wednesday, 12th Arose this morn quite sick. E.i.R. 3 chapt. in Bible. Remained at camp all day. Mr. T. D. Seawell and his friend called on me to day. This morn the "City of Alton" went with 2 companies to Columbus. Took down their Secession flag and brought it to Cairo. To day, as usual, my mind ran out over the bloody fields of the future. I study, my duty to my self and to my country, and I try to seek wisdom of the Lord. I think of home that I have not seen for so long. My prayer is Lord save our country.

Registry of Letters written 1861
June 12, H. Webb, Wm. Price

Registry of Letters received 1861
June 12, F. Webb

1 comment:

  1. Special Orders No 33, Head Quarters 1st Brigade Ills Vols, Camp Defiance, Cairo, 12 June 1861
    The several battalions of this Command will assemble for dress parade at 7 o'clock P.M. from and after this date.
    By order of B. M. Prentiss, Brigd General

    ReplyDelete