Search The Diary of Loren Webb

Friday, September 16, 2011

16 September 1861


Monday, 16th Rainy. Last night I was sick. Arose this morn and was detailed as officer of the day. I discharged the duties till night, then my health was so poor that I was excused. Came to my qrts. Quite sick all the night.

[order and circulars Loren would, of should, have seen concurrent with his diary entries...]
Order No. 3, Sept 16th, 1861, Headquarters Camp Paine
Captains of Companies when absenting themselves from their commands, will notify the second in command as to the time when he will be absent & one commissioned officer will at all times be present with the Company. The order is imperative & will be strictly enforced. All officers will be held responsible for its enforcement. By order of Aug Mersy, Lt. Col. Comd 9th Regt I. V.

No comments:

Post a Comment