Search The Diary of Loren Webb

Saturday, October 1, 2011

1 October 1861


October, Tuesday, 1st 1861 Pleasant. E.I.R.B. Cron. 28th Corth. 12th. To day we had officers meeting to council how we should promote the health of the soldiers. To day being the 1st Oct., we read the articles of war to the soldiers. Had battalion drill this afternoon. In the evening I had a private interview with Col. Mersy. He informed me that he was entirely unprejudiced toward me to do me harm, but would help me all he could. During the day I had felt rather out of humor to day owing to the ill humor of the Col.

[orders & circulars Loren would, or should, have seen concurrent with his diary entries...]

Head Quarters 9th Regiment Ills Vols Camp Paine, Paducah Oct 1st, 1861

General Orders No 4 } Sergeant Sidney B. Philips of Company H is hereby appointed Sergeant Major of this Regiment, and will be obeyed and respected as such.
Augustus Mercy, Lieut Colonel Commanding

No comments:

Post a Comment