Search The Diary of Loren Webb

Friday, November 4, 2011

4 November 1861

November, Monday, 4th 1861 Pleasant. E.I.R.B. II Cron. 33d Col. 3d. Nothing of importance transpired to day. We had no drill for the boys were fixing their kitchens. To day I resolved to myself that I would yield to the invitations to take a drink of liquor no more and by the blessing of God I shall abstain from the fashionable tippling among the officers.

[orders and circulars Loren would, or should, have seen concurrent with his dairy entries...]

Head Quarters 9th Regiment Ills Vols   Paducah, Ky Nov 4th, 1861
General Order No 26 } The officers and men of the several companies in this regiment not now in tents will immediately move into tents provided for them in this camp.
By order of Aug Mersy, Lieut Col Comdg

No comments:

Post a Comment