Search The Diary of Loren Webb

Friday, October 21, 2011

21 October 1861

Monday, 21st Pleasant. E.I.R.B. II Cron 20th Gal. 6th. This morning I was detailed as officer of the day. Nothing of importance took place during the day. In the evening the band played and many of the Germans engaged in waltzing. I then went to the Col. quarters and spent the rest of the eve. Had a pleasant time. The Mo. 8th reg. and I co. of cavalry left here at 10 P.M. for parts to me unknown. To day a boy of co. I by the name of Robinson  was buried. Mathew Rayhill being disabled by rheumatism, I sent him home last night.

Oct – 1861 List of Letters rec. by Capt. L. Webb
October 21, Mr. A. L. McColby, Mascoutah, Ills, sent Oct 17

[orders and circulars Loren would, or should, have seen concurrent with his diary entries...]

In obedience to Special Order No 35, issued by Brig Genl Smith, Commanding Post. - All women & children now in camp will be immediately removed from within the Camp limits.
By order of Lt Col Aug Mersy

Head Quarters 9th Regt Ill Vols Camp Paine, Oct 21st, 1861
General Order No 23 } The fifers of this Regiment will report at Regimental Head Quarters at 9 o'clock each day.
By order Lt Col Aug Mersy

No comments:

Post a Comment